This is a major new feature that allows you to add ANY solid model or surface to the collection. This type of collection is called a "COMPONENT".
- Since components can be any object that has a surface or is a solid, it is possible to select brackets, end components, holes, coping, or any other feature designed in the tube.
- Each component belongs to and is associated with a single straight of the tube. This allows components to be unbent with the new unbend feature (below).
- Once part of the collection, components stay persistently in the VTube project.
- Use the new Unbend feature to unbend the part with components to see the orientation and placement of the components to each other on a pre-bent part model.
- Select coping as components, then unbend the tube to see the orientation of the coping relative to each other on a pre-bent part.
This is a major new feature that allows you to unbend any bend in any order. (Click on the image on the right to see closeup descriptions of this feature.)
- Check any "Unbend" checkbox in the LRA grid, then refresh the graphics. The unbending is performed instantly.
- View and copy the unbent XYZ and LRA data in real-time in floating windows. Use a popup menu to copy the portions of or all of the grids to the clipboard.
- Convert the unbent tube to the main tube memory with bends removed.
- Unbending always takes into account the tube elongation percentage in Part Setup. This means that tubes will unbend and the straightened arcs will shorten slightly to account for stretch.
The graphics viewport handles graphics faster than the previous versions.
- FASTER POINT LABELS: The point labels draw many times faster.
- FASTER COLLECTION: The process of building a collection (selecting surfaces and solids) is much faster in large imported assemblies. We've removed the long pauses between selection of surfaces.
- BETTER PERSPECTIVE PROJECTION: The perspective projection is much more identifiable than in previous versions.
Export to a TRACTO-TECHNIK CSV file with XYZ Data.
The Path Manager is displayed whenever a file load or save operation is about to happen. It allows you to persistently save important paths to a list of paths for easy access in the future.
- The Path Manager now shows the operation for which it as asking you to choose a path.
- The Path Manager is now used for all Import and Export features.
- New Path Manager buttons have been added for new features, and re-arranged for easier use.
|Now automatically send an exported STEP file to SolidWorks.|
VTube now automatically sets the transparency of the imported model when it is imported.
The transparency value is controlled in the System Options, Graphic Setup menu.
- There is a new current VTube Project filename box in the upper left corner. This box now shows the entire path of the current project file, so that there is no doubt about which file will be saved if you press the Save button. The text in this box can be selected and copied to the clipboard.
- The Collection grid allows you to select multiple objects for editing features at the same time.
- When items are selected in the Collection grid, the associated object in the viewport turns orange.
- When collected items in the viewport are selected, the associated object in the collection list is highlighted
- The Collection grid has a popup menu with added features for editing the Collection entities.
- The pulldown menu no longer stays open on the screen after a project load.
- The pulldown menu now immediately updates the most recently used file list when you SAVE a new project.
A new Unbend report has been added to VTube-STEP.
The unbent part image will also display in the report.
- The VTube configuration file location was in "c:\ProgramData\VTube", but this caused issues for some customers with computers using restricted rights. Now it is moved to the"C:\Users\Public\Documents\VTube\Config" folder - which is open for all users with multiple Windows logins.
- The Alpine M4 Export now includes springback compensation with overbend in the bender data if the springback checkbox is selected.
- Download VTube-STEP version 2.1 setup file
Password for Installation